Centres of Triangle
Learning about centres of triangle can be easily reduced to memorising a list of facts and names or mysterious procedures of construction. How does your textbook present this topic in Key Stage 3? Check the following resources and find out how they may allow different learning experiences.
- drag to explore locus of centres while finding inscribed / circumscribed circle
- learning from a authentic tasks (see MT Vol.106, No.5, Dec 2012/Jan 2013, pp.346-351)
- explore through paper folding (such as that described in Haga's book, pp.33-38)
- paper folding with Tabula is fun and intuitive (find out more)
- have a try of this interactive exercise of 'shooting' centres of randomly generated triangles